Check out the Promo Video above to learn all about this course!
Here are the 7 major benefits of completing this course and using its curriculum in your music program:
- Your students will be able to sing and play the songs they know and love on guitar, ukulele, keys, bass and drums.
- Your students will stay actively engaged in music making for long periods of time.
- You’ll be able to easily differentiate so that learners of all levels can play together, each step of the way.
- You’ll be able to spend more time working with your students one on one instead of always having to lead the whole class at the same time.
- You’ll be able to incorporate technology in a way that is fun and easy, and makes your students feel right at home.
- You will have a clear sequential learning pathway for guitar, ukulele, bass, keys, and drums in a Modern Band setting, and guide students along through a song based curriculum.
- You will no longer need to search for, print, and copy song materials since the apps are a continually renewing resource with everything in one place.
The Play For All! course for music teachers will show you how to use FourChords and Ukeoke to guide your students from complete beginners to total rockstars in a way that allows learners of all levels to play and progress together.
The Course Includes:
- Over twenty step by step lesson videos from inside actual classrooms with real students and teachers that show you how to make the most of the apps in combination with other classroom best practices. Also includes interviews with teachers and students and narrated screen captures inside the apps.
- Over 50 pages of supporting resources and color coded manipulatives for including learners at different levels on keys, bass, ukulele and guitar.
- Complimentary 1 Month All Access subscriptions to both FourChords and Ukeoke for you and all of your students - for both personal and in school devices ($100-1000 value).
- A multi-unit print curriculum with over 30 sequential lesson plans for guitar, uke and beyond with a list of core activities, aims, procedures, extensions, and differentiation techniques.
- A scope and sequence for teaching keys, bass, drums and a Modern Band ensemble.
- Worksheets, rubrics, and blank diagrams for guitar and uke.
- Tech Resource Guide and How-To videos to help you get everything you need to hook up to your projector and set up your students in groups.
How This Course Came To Be…
Based in Helsinki, Finland, Musopia Ltd is a mobile app development studio dedicated to creating fresh and innovative music software that makes playing music easier. Musopia´s apps, like FourChords and Ukeoke, apps have been featured by Apple as "Best Apps" and reached TOP10 Music rankings in more than 40 countries, with millions of jamming sessions on iOS and Android devices.
Musopia began working with the course instructor, Gary Heimbauer, in 2015 when he was the Director of Curriculum for leading music education non-profit Little Kids Rock. They collaborated to optimize their awesome apps for classroom use by adding features such as transposition, tempo control, root note, 3 string, basic and pro chord options that are shown on the screen, and the ability to sort songs by their chords and difficulty.
After Little Kids Rock distributed the apps to over 500 teachers around the country and used them in teacher trainings, Gary was able to see and experience the most effective ways to incorporate them into a Modern Band program.
Now the founder of Pow Music, Gary and Musopia collaborated with five amazing teachers that will act as mentors to anyone who takes this course. You’ll see them using all of the features of the apps and the supporting resources that come with the curriculum in combination with other classroom best practices to engage their students and guide them along their learning pathway. You’ll also hear in their own words why they do what they, along with interviews with some of the students!
This is what classroom teachers are saying about Musopia’s Play for All! method
“It´s going to be the future of music education. This makes teaching songs so much more structured and simple for me.”
—Diane Harris, Elementary music teacher, Dallas TX
“I’ve done classes with traditional Kodaly and Orff stuff and it’s not the same. I don’t have their attention the same way. They don’t feel this anxiety and they’re really able to express themselves. What a great gift to give to a kid, to be able to express themselves.”
—Albert Harrah, Elementary music teacher, Dallas TX
“It almost makes it like there is a second teacher in the room which is very nice.”
—Darren Rome, Elementary music teacher, Dallas TX
How The Course Is Structured
The course begins with the most basic ways to use the app such as selecting and sorting songs, saving songs and creating playlists. It then gets more in depth exploring the transposition feature, sorting by chords, and the customizable arrangement mixer to take your students from playing along, to playing by themselves.
The second unit showcases specific teaching best practices to help differentiate, incorporate other instruments, and assess student learning. The third unit will teach you everything you need to know to tackle the technology challenges, and get the apps hooked up in your classroom.
The final unit contains all of your print resources including the curriculum, the worksheets and assessments, and the supporting materials.
If you’re ready to engage your students like never before, while also making your job easier than ever, enroll in the course now and we’ll see you on the inside!
Based in Helsinki, Finland, Musopia Ltd is a mobile app development studio dedicated to creating fresh and innovative music software that makes playing music easier. FourChords Guitar Karaoke, Justin Guitar Beginner Song Course and Ukeoke Ukulele Karaoke are the first apps from this team of guitar enthusiasts and IT professionals. All of these apps have been featured by Apple as "Best Apps" and reached TOP10 Music rankings in more than 40 countries, with millions of jamming sessions on iOS and Android devices. Musopia is working together with the instrument industry and non-profit organisations like Little Kids Rock and GITC in order to give more people a chance to enjoy making music. More info www.musopia.net
Gary is the founder of Pow Music, an education company committed to helping creative music makers develop their craft and share their music with the world. Before that he served for over two years as the National Training Manager and then the Director of Curriculum for Little Kids Rock. He is also a former tenured public school band and general music teacher and taught for three years in Queens, NY. He holds a Master's Degree in Music Education from Columbia University and has been playing guitar professionally for over 13 years.
"My main goal is to empower students to develop and express their own musical voice." - Gary Heimbauer
StartSearching for Songs by Chords and Artist/Title (3:47)
StartSaving Songs and Creating Playlists (2:01)
StartChord Options: 1 String, 3 String, Basic, Pro (5:21)
StartStrum Patterns for Differentiation and Technique Tip (5:01)
StartStrum Patterns Part 2: Inside the Apps (3:10)
Start4 Ways to Use the Transposition Feature in Your Classroom (6:22)
StartSlowing it Down with Tempo Control (2:10)
StartUsing the Arrangement Mixer and Playback Options (2:52)
StartUsing the Built In Tuner With Your Class (3:01)
StartGamification: Post Song Assessment, Chord Detection, Level Progression
StartBass, Keys, Drums, and Supplemental Resources (5:36)
StartApp as Second Teacher: Individualized Feedback and Instruction (2:45)
StartBest Practices for Using Multiple Devices and Grouping (4:13)
StartStudents Write Out The Chords (1:28)
StartLeft Hand Only (1:45)
StartIsolate the Change w/ One Minute Changes (2:21)
StartListen First, Then Play (1:41)
StartStudents Choose Chords to Skip or Play (0:48)
StartSplit the Room (2:33)
StartSong Structure and Active Listening